Monday, June 26, 2006

Intiman Blog

Many thanks to Dorothy over at Freedom Spice in the New Mashup World (see blogroll) for drawing my attention to the Intiman Theatre's blog about rehearsals for Richard III. While I would have liked the blog to be a bit less "perky" and more honest about the rehearsal process, I think this is a good example of a theatre trying to create community by giving the audience a somewhat-honest peek at an upcoming show. As I said, I think such a blog could benefit from a more "warts-and-all" approach that would give insights into the struggles and fears as well as the triumphs -- such an approach might get people pulling for the show. (Of course, the question to be dealt with is the effect on rehearsals of having hurts and conflicts blogged about -- something to work out). Anyway, check it out: http://www.intiman.org/blog/ag1.html

No comments:

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...