Sunday, February 17, 2008

Meet Sarah McL

Sarah McL at "Resources for Emerging Arts Leaders" has a nice post on "The Regional Rebellion," asking whether, historically, we are about do for a movement in reaction to the regional theatre movement, not unlike Off-Broadway was born as a reaction to Broadway, and Off-Off Broadway as a reaction to Off-Broadway. I agree with her -- we are due. My only hope is that whatever name it receives, it doesn't reference the previous paradigm like OB and OOB did. I think we need a clean break. Anyway, give Sarah a read, and connect to the links on this post as well.

No comments:

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...